Do you usually notice a person’s new haircut? I live with 5 other people and none noticed my new do. It is similar but shorter and the former grey streak in the center may be gone.
What is the normal delay time in your house? I think I will count the days just for giggles.
Oh, and I started my Polar Chullo and finished my latest Patricia in Flicker. Pictures tomorrow…
Posted in 2011
1. It is nearly December and I ran in shorts today. It is 61 degrees F where I am. I am amazed at this spring-like weather and consider every day that is like this means one less day of winter.
2. I rationalize that I will eventually trick myself into being happy about the cold weather because I will be able to wear my wool knits.
3. My favorite new iPhone app is Shazam. No more “what song is that” or paying attention to a song or band only to forget it anyways. My app tells me and then records it so I can go back to it later and buy the song if I want. Try it…it is so cool, especially if you are amused by small things.
4. Half of my songs on my running playlist are by Lady Gaga. I wonder what this says about me.
5. All of my songs on my running playlist are ones my kids love or ones that they have introduced me to. I don’t remember my mom liking my music? huh?
6. I wonder if my kids think I am a cool mom or if I am just pretending?
7. Time to stop thinking and go to bed.
What’s on your mind?
This gallery contains 2 photos.
…Ooops. I have been so good posting every day and I just plain old forgot. So here is the make-up post. And this is what I would have showed you: my mawata silk mittens in just sort of a generic … Continue reading
My kids looked like this…
as we celebrated the wedding of my brother-in-law and new sister-in-law. Happy First Anniversary John and Steph! How time flies. The kids look so much older even in just a year!
Which reminds me…it’s time to pick a picture for this year’s Christmas card.
So it begins…
PS. Thanks for all the great color comments! Very helpful!
Posted in 2011, Family
This gallery contains 3 photos.
I made a deal with myself. I will work on my plain mawata mittens (BMFA I Mad Heart Ewe) and then, I will begin my next color work (and first Christmas present) project when they are finished. Of course there … Continue reading
This gallery contains 2 photos.
Here they are! The Rhinebeck BFF hats. Similar yarns, one pattern (almost) and two fraternal hats make for 2 very warm heads! From the west and from the east Perfect to remind me of my bff across the county, warm … Continue reading
Happy Thanksgiving to all.
I am most thankful today for my family, friends and health of all.
Not far behind those, I am thankful for my yarn and knitting that get me through the days. Also thankful for this healthy lifestyle I have been living, though tonight my early Turkey Trot is catching up with me.
We are enjoying the rest of the evening with this crew.
Enjoy! Be a pilgrim.
Let the holidays begin!
PS. Happy Birthday to Erin, not mine but hers!
Until tomorrow! When it will be un-done. hehe.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families and loved ones!
This gallery contains 6 photos.
I now declare the rest of the week Lopi Week. I will wear my new Lopi sweater and maybe my old Lopi sweater all week. Girl crush on Lopi. It all started in … Continue reading
This gallery contains 4 photos.
…or on the head…so here it is, my Lotus Blossom Hat. Look Ma, no hands! It fits!!! I had a severe panic attack that I was making a tiny person hat and had reconciled myself to the fact that I … Continue reading